10 September 2011

Hello! I am a little bit tired today. Yesterday I went out to celebrate my first week here in Paris. We went to a cosy bar named "Chez Jeanette" and afterwards someone took us to a dance club called "La Machine" , next to the famous Moulin Rouge. A lot of people were dancing, there was a good vibe. The people here are so friendly! I got home at 6 in the morning, but it was worth it.





- The 16th Arrondissement -

I randomly took the metro to the 16th arrondissement, which is in the West of Paris, close to my home. It is described as the most expensive and chic neighbourhood, but also as the dullest one. I went to see another side of the district: the pre-war buildings. They look like the simple but inventive Bauhaus buildings that were built in the same era.

Architecture from the 20s - 30s

There is a combination of classic and modern (pre-war) in the 16th arr.

 This is the classic Parisian streetview in the 16th arr.: big, pretty houses and a lot of green.


Musée Marmottan (16th) has a beautiful collection of Monet paintings and a big garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment